We welcome you to visit the "Job Opportunities" page of our website at www.nkyhealth.org for links to CareerBuilder and a list of all positions open for application.
Northern Kentucky Health Department
CLINIC CLERKS [Code: HCCL]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Clinical Services Division is accepting applications for Clinic Clerks who want to arrange for the general public to receive preventative health services such as immunizations, family planning, prenatal, well-child, cancer screenings, STD screenings and follow ups, cancer screenings and follow ups, nutrition education and WIC and to perform related duties, thereby promoting a safe and healthy community. We are accepting applications for all locations (Covington, Florence, Newport, and Williamstown). We could be waiting for YOU!
Status: Full-time (40 hours/week) non-exempt (hourly pay) merit system positions
Classification: Clinic Clerk
Starting Pay Rate: $14.55 - $16.87/ Hour (based on your years of directly related paid experience)
Reports to: Clerical Supervisor
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Performs receptionist duties. (Answers telephones. Directs calls to appropriate personnel or outside organization for assistance. Provides general and non-technical information in response to questions from the general public. Schedules appointments for clients. Make phone calls to remind clients of their appointments. Greets clients on arrival and initiates service provision. Mails no-show cards.)
- Performs general clerical duties. (Screens clients to determine program eligibility. Registers clients for services. Completes appropriate forms. Assists clients with Presumptive Eligibility (PE) and Breast Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP) applications. Mails reminders and no-show cards for assigned program(s). Assembles new charts, packets and client supplies. Files and maintains charts, mastercards, and reports. Copies records for release as directed. Maintains PEFs. Enters data into computer systems. Collects fees and issue receipts.)
- Administers assigned programs. (Issues Women Infant Children (WIC) benefits. Registers eligible WIC clients to vote. Issues Verification of Certification (VOC) for WIC patients transferring to other locations.)
- Reconciles assigned reports. (Works assigned report(s).)
- Assists Clinic Manager and Clerical Supervisor. (Assists in archiving of charts. Assists with training new clerical staff.)
- Completes special projects. (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned. Completes other special projects.)
- Performs other duties. (Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave. Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities. Serves on internal committees. Completes timecard. Completes travel reports. Completes required training. Completes other assigned duties.)
A valid, active driver’s license, reliable transportation and one of the following is required:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- The equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred: Same as above plus experience in a medical or clinical setting
Please submit applications through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications,
and emailed applications without considering them.
If you apply now we will consider you immediately.
If you’d like to wait, we’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code HCCL on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls, paper applications, or paper resumes please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – HCCL
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org to
view other opportunities to join our family.
8001 Veterans Memorial Drive, Florence KY 41042