We welcome you to visit the "Job Opportunities" page of our website at www.nkyhealth.org for links to CareerBuilder and a list of all positions open for application.
Northern Kentucky Health Department
CLINIC REGISTERED NURSE II (CLINIC RN II) [Code: HCRN2]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Clinical Services Division is accepting applications for Clinic Registered Nurse IIs (Clinic RN IIs) to coordinate community events and offsite clinics and to work in an onsite or offsite setting to independently deliver a broad range of public health nursing services, including the most complex case management services, and to perform related duties, thereby promoting a safe and healthy community. We are accepting applications for most locations (Covington, Florence, Newport and Williamstown). We could be waiting for YOU!
Status: Full-time (40 hours/week) non-exempt (hourly pay) merit system position
Classification: Clinic Registered Nurse II (Clinic RN II)
Starting Pay Rate: $28.32 - $32.83/hour (based on your years of directly related paid experience)
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Performs simple to complex client services for a broad range of assigned program(s) in a clinic setting. (Identifies and collects physiologic, psychosocial, and environmental data by interview and/or physical examination to detect and identify problems. Performs health assessments and screenings by interview and/or physical examination. Develops plans of care to achieve expected outcome(s) by identifying problems, identifying needed resources and working with client and/or client medical providers to develop a timetable for reaching goals. Follows up with clients at regular intervals to determine level of compliance with established plan of care and to make adjustments where necessary. Shares findings from follow-up as needed. Provides one on one or group client education. Performs counseling on issues including but not limited to preconceptional maternal/child health, breastfeeding, communicable disease, nutrition, etc. Performs lab procedures.)
- Refers clients to other sources as needed. Makes referrals to community resources. (Refers non-routine complex problems to Clinical Supervisor or appropriate provider. Maintains communication with other disciplines in coordinating health care activities on and off-site.)
- Serves as referral source for clients, Health Department staff, health professionals and the general public. (Provides general technical assistance and consultation to schools, health professionals and organizations, co-workers, community organizations, and the general public on designated public health service(s) or program(s).)
- Maintains records. (Maintains client charts. Documents activities using appropriate forms. Enters data into database(s).)
- Assists with community outreach activities as assigned. (Attends health fairs and community education programs. Assists with offsite clinics including but not limited to immunizations, family planning, biometric screening etc.)
- Coordinates, implements, and evaluates community outreach activities and offsite clinics and provides back up for onsite clinics. (Contacts community partner(s) to schedule and arrange for set-up of community outreach activities and offsite clinics including by not limited to immunizations, family planning, biometric screening, etc. Contacts NKY Health management to make staffing arrangements for community outreach activities and offsite clinics. Sets up and oversees offsite community outreach activities and offsite clinic operations. Evaluates overall community outreach and offsite clinic functions and provides summary report to Clinic Manager and Clinical Director. Recommends changes to supervisor and implements approved changes. Provides back up to Clinic Supervisor II in absence.)
- Coordinates case management service(s). (Provides the most complex case management activities, coordination, and implementation of designated public health service(s) or program(s) for assigned program(s): Recommends changes to supervisor. Provides expert assistance for designated public health service(s) or program(s). Maintains database(s) of case information for assigned service(s) or program(s). Follows up with clients at regular intervals to determine level of compliance with established plan of care and to make adjustments where necessary.)
- Completes special projects. (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned; Completes other special projects.)
- Performs other duties. (Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave. Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities. Participates in internal and external meetings. Serves on internal and external committees. Completes timecard. Completes travel reports. Completes required training. Completes other assigned reports. Attends work as scheduled or uses annual leave.)
Valid, Active Driver’s License, license to work as an RN in KY, CPR certification, and one of the following:
- Successful completion of Introductory Period as a Clinic RN, assignment of professional case management duties using at least 10% of work time, assignment of program/project coordination duties in the community using at least 20% of work time, and demonstration of mastery of competencies sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Equivalent education as determined by licensing board recognized by the Kentucky Board of Nursing PLUS the equivalent combination of experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Same as above plus prior public health experience and/or bilingual English/Spanish.
Please submit applications through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications,
and e-mailed applications without considering them.
If you apply now, we will consider you immediately.
If you’d like to wait, we’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code HCRN2 on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls, paper applications, or paper resumes please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check, license verification, and drug screen will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – HCRN2
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org to
view other opportunities to join our family.
8001 Veterans Memorial Drive, Florence KY 41042