We welcome you to visit the "Job Opportunities" page of our website at www.nkyhealth.org for links to CareerBuilder and a list of all positions open for application.
Northern Kentucky Health Department
Information Systems Analyst (IS Analyst) [Code: ISANY]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Do you like new challenges? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Administration and Accounting Division of NKY Health is accepting applications for a full time (40 hours/week) Information Systems Analyst (IS Analyst) to analyze and advise on the selection and purchase of communication- and computer-related technology supporting the infrastructure of the Health Department (i.e. computer hardware and software, networks, phone system, data security, building security system, etc.) and to perform related duties. Initially, the position will be based at our District office currently located in Florence, KY. We could be waiting for YOU!
Status: Full-time exempt (weekly pay) merit system position
Classification: Information System (IS) Analyst
Starting Pay Rate: $1,246.34 - $1,444.85/week (based on your years of directly related paid experience)
Reports to: Administration and Accounting Manager
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Administers district-wide computer network. (Installs, configures, and maintains the Local Area Network (LAN) server and workstations. Sets up and configures Multifunction Printer (MFP) devices. Sets up and configures personal technology devices for business use. Manages performance of a multiple hardware and software platform interfaces at the most complex level. Observes network systems to assess performance and makes changes or recommends upgrades/improvements to maximize network performance. Supports development of technical standards and application uses. Resolves network problems and offers technical assistance to users or interfaces with vendors to resolve network problems. Analyzes, plans, designs, and installs new personal computer systems and reviews; monitors and upgrades existing personal computer systems. Provides set up and support to employees working remotely.)
- Administers district-wide computer software applications and upgrades. (Purchases, registers, and installs computer applications and upgrades. Maintains a database of application/software licenses and users. Maintains application/software licenses.)
- Administers district-wide telecommunication infrastructure. (Installs and maintains voice technology systems, including but not limited to switching systems, voice mail, facsimile, and cellular systems. Sets up and removes internal and external phone numbers. Sets up and removes voice mail accounts for users. Works with providers to upgrade system and resolve problems.)
- Administers district-wide communication infrastructure. (Analyzes business communication needs, then researches and recommends solutions to meet needs. Provides the communication infrastructure for potential public health emergencies. Sets up audio visual equipment for events.)
- Provides technical consultation and assistance. (Assists with selection of computer applications. Provides consultation and assistance for maintaining all related hardware, firmware, and software. Provides consultation and assistance for links to other computer systems including but not limited to those provided by the Kentucky Commonwealth Office of Technology (COT).)
- Completes special projects (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned. Completes other special projects.)
- Performs other duties (Attends work as scheduled or use approved leave. Collaborates in and contribute to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities. Participates in internal and external meetings. Serves on internal and external committees. Completes timecard. Completes travel reports. Completes required training. Completes other assigned duties.)
Minimum qualifications for applying include a valid, active driver’s license, reliable transportation and one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or closely related field from an accredited university/college plus a minimum of 3 years of full-time responsible experience supporting a multi-user operating system in a professional environment.
- The equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: This job typically requires lifting a maximum of 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations that do not pose undue hardship on the organization may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Same as above plus recent prior experience providing similar services in a similar organization.
Please submit applications through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications,
and emailed applications without considering them.
If you apply now we will consider you immediately.
If you’d like to wait, we’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code ISANY on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls, paper applications, or paper resumes please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Pre-interview technical and/or technology skills test and pre-hire criminal background check will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – ISANY
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org to
view other opportunities to join our family.
8001 Veterans Memorial Drive, Florence KY 41042