Northern Kentucky Health Department
March 31, 2021
CLINIC CLERK/INTERPRETERS [Code: HCCI]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness, and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Do you like new challenges? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Clinical Services Division is accepting applications for Clinic Clerk/Interpreters to interpret (English/Spanish) between provider and client and to arrange for the general public to receive preventative health services such as immunizations, family planning, prenatal, well-child, cancer screenings, STD screenings and follow ups, cancer screenings and follow ups, nutrition education and WIC thereby promoting a safe and healthy community. We are accepting applications for full-time (40 hours/week) Clinic Clerk/Interpreters for all locations (Covington, Florence, Newport, and Williamstown.) We could be waiting for YOU!
Full-time (40 hours/week) non-exempt (hourly pay) merit system positions
$14.27 - $19.76/hour (based on experience)
Clinic Manager or Clerical Supervisor
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Interprets medical information. (Interprets medical information from provider’s English to client’s target language (Spanish). Interprets medical information from client’s target language (Spanish) to provider’s English.
- Performs receptionist duties. (Answers telephones. Provides general and non-technical information in response to the general public. Directs calls (including from WIC vendors) to appropriate personnel or outside organization for assistance. Schedules appointments for clients. Makes phone calls to remind clients of their appointments. Checks clients and out for services. Collects fees and issues receipts.)
- Performs general clerical duties. (Mails reminders and no show cards for assigned programs. Assembles new charts and packets. Issues VOC (Verification of Certification) for patients transferring to other locations. Assembles various forms to record client information, which serves to establish a medical record. Files charts, master cards, and reports. Assists Clerical Coordinator with archiving of charts. Assembles client supplies and information packets. Copies records for release as directed. Maintains PEFs. Enters data in to PEF system. Pulls patient charts. Maintains Mastercards. Transfers charts. Files lab test results. Opens/closes clinic.)
- Administers assigned programs. (Screens clients to determine eligibility. Completes appropriate forms. Issues Women Infant Children (WIC) benefits. Registers the general public to vote.)
- Reconciles assigned reports. (Checks computer screen for all computer generated reports. Works assigned report(s). Completes accounts receivable reports and clear out old accounts.)
- Assists Clinic Manager and Clerical Coordinator. (Assists with training new clerical staff. Replaces missing WIC cards. Assists in reconciling fees collected with cash on hand.)
- Completes special projects. (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned. Completes other special projects.)
- Performs other duties. (Attends work as scheduled or uses approved leave. Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities. Serves on internal committees. Completes timecard. Completes travel reports. Completes required training. Completes other assigned reports.)
A valid, active driver’s license, reliable transportation, bilingual (English/Spanish), and one of the following is required:
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- The equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred: Same as above plus experience in a medical or clinical setting
Apply through CareerBuilder only (www.careerbuilder.com).
For immediate consideration apply by 4/9/2021.
Applications will be accepted as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code HCCI on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls, paper applications, or paper resumes please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check and language test will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – HCCI