Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains Agency records and reports according to program standards.
- Conducts intake interviews and physical assessments of patients to obtain and document health status and
history, including pertinent social history. Case management.
- Forms nursing diagnosis and initiates treatments based on standing orders, the Core Clinical Services Guidelines and established nursing practices.
- Administers and documents immunizations and treatments in compliance with established nursing practice.
- Obtains samples/specimens and performs basic laboratory procedures.
- Health Education.
- Exhibits competency regarding policies procedures and programs in assignment.
- Shifts to new tasks when priorities change.
- Establishes priorities in work assignments to facilitate efficiency and/or clinic flow.
- Meets deadlines when they exist.
- Addresses all abnormal test results and abnormal physical exam findings according to program guidelines.
- Promote harmonious working relationships.
- Maintain patient records which exhibit systematic assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Provide education in the community setting.
- Customer service oriented
- Maintain confidentiality as per Lincoln Trail District Health Department Confidentiality Agreement
- Current Kentucky Registered Nurse license.
- Maintain CPR certification.
- Consistently demonstrates competency with technical nursing skills according to scope of practice.
- Promotes an awareness and utilization of health department services in a positive manner.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the practice of professional nursing skills according to the scope of practice.
- Ability to work as a team member in a team atmosphere.
- Assume responsibility for professional development.
- Document legibly and according to LTDHD documentation guidelines.
- Provide transportation, when necessary and provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
BSN Preferred, must have RN license in Kentucky or compact state. Two (2) years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience. BSN may substitute for one (1) year required experience. Master’s Degree in Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education or Public health may substitute for the two (2) years of experience.
If you are interested in applying for the position please complete an application and submit it to Human Resources no later than 4:30pm EST on Friday, September 3, 2021. Any application received after the deadline will be rejected. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation. Criminal background, licensure check, and drug screening will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Lincoln Trail District Health Department, 108 New Glendale Road, Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Fax: 270-765-7274, www.ltdhd.org, Equal Opportunity Employer