Northern Kentucky Health Department
April 23, 2021
Programs Manager [Code: PMCS]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Does work/life balance appeal to you? Do you like new challenges? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Clinical Services Division is accepting applications for a full-time (40+ hours/week) Programs Manager to oversee the provision of a broad range of heavily regulated, highly complex and/or varied professional public health programs, and to perform related duties initially for quality assurance, tuberculosis, employee health, hepatitis C linkage to care programs and NKY Health HIPAA. This position will be based at our District office in Florence but may travel within our region. We could be waiting for YOU!
Full-time exempt (paid weekly salary) merit system position
Starting Pay Rate:
$1,112.81 - $1,290.05/week (based on your years of directly related paid experience)
Director of Clinical Services
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Plans designated public health programs. (Assesses community need for designated program(s). Develops goals and objectives for designated program(s). Develops plans for designated program(s). Oversees recommendation of best practices and standards for assigned programs. Identifies funding sources and develops grant/funding applications. Provides consultation and assistance in the selection, development, utilization and evaluation of public health programs and initiatives.)
- Oversees marketing and community participation of designated public health program(s). (Oversees the development of marketing materials for designated program(s). Establishes and maintains working relationships with community organizations to facilitate promotion of Health Department services and to make appropriate referrals. Staffs and serves on coalitions and committees to further the mission of the assigned program(s).)
- Oversees the implementation of designated public health program(s). (Manages resources allocated to designated program(s) including but not limited to space, staffing, scheduling, equipment, and supplies. Makes recommendations for changes needed to designated program(s) and implements approved changes. Ensures staff preparedness. Coordinates workflow and work processes. Ensures communication among assigned team. Ensures communication with external partners and stakeholders providing support and financial resources to KY Income Re-investment Program. Develops administrative methods for the efficient operation of program activities. Completes program-related activities and reports. Oversees continuous quality improvement initiatives. Updates and prepares documentation and reports. Serves as HIPAA Officer for the Northern Kentucky Health Department and maintains HIPAA compliance plan. Educates staff on HIPAA compliance. Signs off on HIPAA related issues. Manages access for Health Department staff to clinical patient databases.)
- Implements and evaluates designated public health program(s). (Completes program-related projects, activities, and reports. Identifies appropriate tools for evaluation. Plans evaluation methods. Evaluates program effectiveness. Develops plans for increasing program effectiveness in the future. Sets up controls to monitor quality of delivery of designated program(s) and service(s). Develops administrative methods for the efficient operation of program activities. Performs needed quality assurance on program standards and outcomes. Participates in and coordinates audits and compliance reviews from state and federal agencies. Monitors the budget of designated program(s) and program activities.
- Supervises assigned staff. (Interviews and makes hiring recommendation to fill staff and student vacancies in unit. Ensures direct report(s) have appropriate knowledge, skills, abilities and equipment to perform their duties. Ensures direct report(s) comply with policies and practices. Monitors staffing levels for assigned unit. Approves leave requests. Approves travel expenses. Conducts performance evaluations. Updates job descriptions. Addresses performance/behavior issues. Reviews work of direct reports as necessary to ensure meeting desired outcomes and results. Meets with staff as appropriate. Recognizes staff’s accomplishments/achievements. At the request of the Division Director or District Director of Health, sustains the operations of Clinical Services in absence of Division Director)
- Completes special projects. (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned. Completes other special projects.)
- Performs other duties. (Attends work as scheduled or use approved leave. Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities. Participates in internal and external meetings. Serves on internal and external committees. Completes timecard. Completes travel reports. Completes required training. Completes other assigned duties.)
Minimum Qualifications: The following are required prior to hire:
- BSN or other closely related field from an accredited university/college plus 3 years of full-time responsible experience in the field of public health with 2 years in a supervisory capacity preferred.
- The equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
License/Certification: A valid, active driver’s license, reliable transportation and license to work as an RN in KY is required prior to appointment must be maintained throughout incumbency.
Apply through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications,
and e-mailed applications without considering them.
For immediate consideration apply by 5/3/2021.
We’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code PMCS on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls please. Selection will be made by interview(s), testing, and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check, drug screen, and license verification will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – PMCS
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org
to view other opportunities to join our family.