Status: Full-time Contract
Starting Pay Rate: $15.00/hour
Reports to: Preparedness Supervisor
Location: Based at the Central Office
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors upkeep of buildings within LTDHD. Report any issues to Preparedness Supervisor.
- General repairs such as painting, patching walls, hanging shelves, etc.
- Renovations to existing facilities such as building walls, closets, window units, tearing down walls, etc. Determines material, equipment and supplies to be used. Transfers equipment from one project to another, as necessary.
- Inspects heating, lighting, ventilation and makes necessary corrections/changes such as changing light fixtures, installing new light fixtures, furnace filters and cleaning of these systems.
- Inspects electrical, plumbing and heating and other equipment and makes minor repairs and maintenance.
- Coordinates and supervises construction projects performed by contracted labor to include obtainment/review of bids.
- Transports desks, files, equipment and supplies to facilities within LTDHD area. May transport computer equipment to Frankfort and/or pick-up repaired equipment as needed. Transports and/or pick-up medical supplies as needed.
- Responsible for completing orders & delivery to designated locations. Arranges desks, files and other office equipment as needed and completes purchasing.
- Responsible for transporting mail and money on a regular basis.
- Dependable and prompt attendance is a requirement of this position.
- Performs other duties as required that are reasonable and applicable to this position as assigned by the supervisor.
- Employee understands he/she may be required to report to duty with Public Health emergencies or disasters as mandated by County and LTDHD Emergency Operation Plans. Responsible for continuous quality improvement.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality as per Lincoln Trail District Health Department Confidentiality Agreement.
High School Diploma or GED and eighteen (18) months of education and training beyond high school level in general maintenance and repair or a closely related area or High School or GED and two (2) years’ experience in general maintenance of other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
Substitution for Education, Training or Experience:
Experience: Formal training in related fields will substitute on a year-for-year basis. Education: Experience in general maintenance or other maintenance experience will substitute for the education on a year for year basis.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please complete an application by 4:30 pm EST on September 3, 2021. No phone calls please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation. Criminal background, licensure check, and drug screening will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Send applications to:
Lincoln Trail District Health Department
108 New Glendale Road
Elizabethtown, KY 42702
Equal Opportunity Employer