Northern Kentucky Health Department
July 30, 2021
OFFICE CLERKS [Code: OFCL]
Do you want to make your community a better place to live by preventing disease, promoting wellness and protecting against health threats? Are you excited about being part of a team focused on making a difference? Do you like new challenges? Does work/life balance appeal to you? If you answered YES, then it may be time for you to find the job you love right here at NKY Health. The Clinical Services Division is accepting applications for transfer from Office Clerks to work full-time in an office setting to support the billing and coding unit of the Clinical Services Division, to perform receptionist duties for the District Office and to perform related duties as required. This position will be based at the District Office currently in Florence, KY, but may be required to work at any location. We could be waiting for YOU!
Status: Full-time (40 hours/week) non-exempt (hourly pay) merit system positions
Classification: Office Clerk
Starting Pay Rate: $12.99 to $15.06 (based on your years of directly-related paid experience)
Reports To: Support Services Supervisor
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Performs support services for assigned program(s) (Coordinates self-Pay, third party insurance and Medicaid Managed Care (MCO) medical billing: Submits electronic claims. Reconciles payments, denials and adjustments. Prepares claims for re-billing, write-offs, adjustments and appeals. Re-bills and/or appeals when justified. Documents and audits tickler file on denied or re-billed claims. Completes write-offs and adjustments to client accounts. Investigates and reconciles payments, denials and adjusted claims. Supports program staff: Checks and prints Medical Cards for Nutrition Services staff. Troubleshoots problems in portal for Nutrition Services staff as needed.)
- Prepares a variety of drafts of correspondence, reports, and forms on behalf of supervisor or others in division program(s) (Prepares draft memos, letters, and other communications from templates. Updates forms needed by assigned program(s). Prepares simple or routine and non-routine reports. Takes and prepares minutes for staff meetings. Processes invoices for payment.)
- Coordinates meetings/functions/events assigned by supervisor or others in division (Maintains assigned calendar(s). Schedules appointments as needed.)
- Establishes and maintains filing system and/or database (Maintains existing filing system(s). Scans records for electronic files and/or reports. Moves paper records to appropriate folders. Archive/purges and destroys records no longer needed. Makes notations on records. Enters data into databases. Including but not limited to Master Index, Master Card, Vaccine Log Patient Encounter Forms (PEFs) referrals for home visiting and breastfeeding follow up.)
- Communicates on behalf of supervisor or others in division (Makes phone calls or sends e-mails or written correspondence from specific direction/script/template as assigned.)
- Ensures that supplies and equipment routinely used by individual(s) is ready for use (In absence of Division Secretary: Inventories, orders and maintains office supplies routinely used by individual(s). Orders non-routine office supplies and equipment needed by individual(s). Performs simple maintenance and troubleshooting on office equipment. Refers complex maintenance and troubleshooting to Division Secretary.)
- Ensures that routine office functions specific to division are performed to standard (Assembles charts, packets and other materials used by Nutrition Services program(s) or for meetings from existing materials according to sample. Handles mail. Ensures routing and delivery of items. Handles assigned cash for division.)
- Performs receptionist duties (Answers phones. Greets visitors. Forwards calls. Answers non-technical and/or program-specific questions from callers. Provides general and non-technical information to the general public.)
- Completes special projects (Responds to public health emergencies as assigned. Completes other special projects.)
- Performs other duties (Attends work as scheduled or use approved leave. Collaborates in and contributes to individual, team, and/or organizational quality improvement and evaluation activities. Participates in internal and external meetings. Serves on internal and external committees. Completes timecard. Completes travel reports. Completes required training. Completes other assigned reports.)
Minimum qualifications for applying include a valid, active, driver’s license and one of the following:
- High school diploma.
- The equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Same as above plus:
- Current knowledge of NKY Health programs/services.
- Expertise using MS Excel, processing medical claims, and performing receptionist duties for a busy office.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
Apply through CareerBuilder ONLY (www.careerbuilder.com).
We're sorry but to be fair we have to discard paper applications, faxed applications,
and e-mailed applications without considering them.
For immediate consideration please apply by 8/9/2021.
We’ll accept your application as long as the position is posted on CareerBuilder.
Please reference code OFCL on any attachments or correspondence. No phone calls, paper applications, or paper resumes please. Selection will be made by interview(s), and/or review of submitted documentation, which must indicate that applicant meets minimum qualifications. Criminal background check and skills test will be required. Failure to meet any of the selection criteria shall disqualify an applicant.
Northern Kentucky Health Department Human Resources – OFCL
Please visit our website at www.nkyhealth.org to
view other opportunities to join our family.