The North Central District Health Department is accepting applications for a Part-Time PRN Licensed Practical Nurse I. This is a contract position.
General Duties include: This position serves under moderate direction of the assigned Registered Nurse of the local health department. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to;
• Orients to health department programs and services, including the Core Functions and Essential Services.
• Administer vaccine.
• Assist with other duties at vaccine clinic.
• Enter vaccine data into database. • Assist with Bio-Metric Screenings.
• Assist with other community outreach as assigned.
• May interview clients to address the initial reason for visiting the health department.
• Conduct basic nursing assessment, describe services that are available and eligibility criteria as appropriate using CSG service guide.
• Participate in the development and implementation of plan(s) of care based on the health risks identified during the nursing assessment.
• Provides basic nursing care under supervision to the client based on determined needs, reviews client’s medical record for history of provided services and plans of care, gathers pertinent data about the individual and family.
• Initiates appropriate teaching and demonstration of care for individual clients and families based on nursing assessment with an emphasis on the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health and self- care.
• Participates in training related to job responsibilities and refers to supervising registered nursing as needed.
Special Requirements: (Age, Licensure, Regulation, Etc.) Current and active Kentucky Practical Nurse License.
Starting Salary: $22.00 Hourly
Resume will not substitute for completed application. Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees in this classification may be required to submit to a drug screening test and background check.